4 Months!
Sarah was 4 months old yesterday. It’s amazing how fast the time goes. Sarah continues to delight us with her bright, big smile and giggles. I still haven’t been able to catch her giggling on video. She seems to know when I have the camera turned on because as soon as I turn it off she starts laughing again. This first picture is of her in the car. It was cold that day and we were taking the dogs to the dog park so we bundled her up in her teddy bear snowsuit. I was trying again to catch
her laughing since she finds the dogs so funny but I didn’t have much luck. She thinks not laughing for the camera is a great game to play. Sarah still loves to “stand up” all of the time. Her Jumperoo is her favorite t
oy now. We have it sitting under a window in the living room but we had to pull it out away from the wall because her little legs are so strong that she was jumping hard enough to put a dent in the window casing! Sarah is also getting braver and enjoys being held up above our heads and being turned upside down. In fact, if I lay her in my lap she will push herself out until her head
hangs upside down over my knees. She likes to watch Baby Einstein this way-I can’t believe she doesn’t get a head rush from sitting like this.Last weekend the weather was nice enough that Sarah got to go to her first picnic! It was an Autism awareness picnic at cousin Nico’s school. Nico had fun playing on the swings
while Sarah got to lounge in the grass and soak up the sun. She continues to despise her infant carrier so I finally gave up and put her in her stroller facing forward. She doesn’t love it but she tolerates it much better than the infant seat. Since the weather has been getting nicer we have been taking her to the park and going for walks with her in the stroller. She really enjoys being able to look around at the world so long as it’s not too windy and we keep her hat on her to keep the sun out of her eyes. She certainly does take after her mommy in that she likes everything to be just so.
Today was also a big day for Sarah as she got to eat her first meal from a spoon! She has been sitting up really well as long as there is something supporting her and her new favorite activity is to put everything she can grab onto in her mouth which is sup
posed to be an indication that she is ready to try eating from a spoon so we thought we’d give it a try. We mixed up some oatmeal and made it pretty runny (we picked oatmeal because that’s what she getting in her bottle and we thought a familiar taste would go better than something brand new). At first, she really didn’t wa
nt anything to do with it but by the end she understood that she was supposed to open her mouth and she was even trying to “help” by pushing the spoon into her mouth. All in all I think we got more on her than in her but there were a few bites that she did swallow so I’m sure if we keep at it she’ll be eating like a pro in no time. 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home