One Month!
It’s hard to believe but Sarah is already one month old today! Some days it seems like we just brought her home yesterday (other days it feels like we’ve had her for years…). We weighed and measured her today for her baby book and found that she is 21.5 inches and 9 pounds (although her actual weight may be a little more or a little less as our scale only measures full pounds not ounces).Sarah finally got her first bath in her infant bathtub this past Monday. As you can see she did not enjoy it quite as much as her sponge baths. Actually she didn’t start crying until the end when I was washing her hair. We also got her hand and footpr
ints taken for her baby book. What an adventure that was! I think I had more ink on myself that she had on her hands and feet. Unfortunately I didn’t get pictures of that but at one point she held her little hand up in the air facing away from her as if to say “I’m dirty and I don’t like it. Get this stuff off of me!” She’s just like her mother!On Tuesday we took her to Hillside Studio in Freeport to have her picture taken. It ended up being quite a long day. We arrived at the studio around 10:30 am and we didn’t leave until 2 pm. I really wanted pictures of her sleeping just like all the beautiful baby pictures you see at photography studios. Howe
ver, Sarah is already insisting on doing things her own way, in her own time and so she stayed awake the entire 3½ hours! I was worried about how the photos would turn out with her being awake but it was a needless worry. When we went back to look at the pictures and narrow down the selection on Saturday I was amazed. The pictures are absolutely beautiful! The studio will be providing me with images that I can post here in the near future for those of you that do not live in the area. Now the challenge is going to be choosing which photos we want to purchase. We started with over 70 images and we have narrowed our proof book down to 35 but that is still a lot to choose from!The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Sarah had a little cough on Wednesday so I kept her in the rest of the week just to be safe. I finally got around to putting together the mobile that Kyle and Natalie bought for her and she loves it. She is so funny though
because the mobile will stop at each of the 4 items so that she can have time to focus on them before it proceeds but when the mobile starts moving again Sarah tries to follow the item she is focused on and gets upset when it goes out of her line of vision. It’s very cute. It also seems to have peaked her interest in other items as well. She never would look twice at the little mobile above her swing but now she likes to watch those go around as well.She is still pretty fussy in the evenings but she has been sleeping for 6 hours in a row at night followed by a feeding and then another 3 to 4 hours of sleep so we are, of course, very happy with her current schedule despite her evening screaming sessions. The last picture I have posted here is of Sarah waking daddy up the other morning when mommy thought he had been
sleeping long enough! I think she was trying to figure out how the ceiling fam works.This coming week is going to be a busy one. We are going to try out a class at Gymboree on Thursday, Saturday night we are having dinner with Jeff & Gloria, and then on Sunday Sarah will be attending her first Super Bowl party to cheer on the Bears (her daddy is convinced that she is good luck). She will also be celebrating both her Papaw’s birthday and her Grandma C.’s birthday this week for the first time. Sarah has quite a busy social calendar for someone that’s only been around a month!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home