Wednesday, March 28, 2007

3 Months!


I cannot believe it has been three months since Sarah Lucile made us a family of three. It has been such a short time and yet I already can’t imagine my life without her. I often wonder how it’s possible to love someone so much when they’ve only just come into your life. She is such a joy and Matt and I love to play with her. She already has quite a personality. She is very alert and likes to be up looking around and observing everything. She almost never sleeps when we go out because she doesn’t want to miss anything important. She has finally started to nap at both of her grandparent’s houses though which is nice for us because now they can baby-sit and we don’t have to worry about her not getting her naps. Although her Mamaw was not very happy when she baby-sat Sarah the other day and Sarah slept the whole time! Sarah is also very stubborn and will fuss or cry until you figure out just what she wants and how she wants it.


Her latest endeavor is trying to crawl. When we put her on her belly she immediately starts to kick and squirm. You can see the determination on her little face. I think she gets frustrated because sometimes Matt will put his hands behind her feet so she can push herself forwards and she doesn’t understand why the same motion doesn’t always produce the same results. Now that she realizes that she can move she is trying her hardest to do it. She is surprisingly patient though because she never gets fussy when trying to crawl. When her neck gets tired she just puts her head down for a little rest and then starts trying again! Click on the link below to see a video of our determined little one:



Sarah is also laughing more often now, which is so adorable and completely infectious. One morning I took Sarah upstairs to wake up Daddy and she started laughing at everything we did. Of course, her laughing is so cute that it made us laugh which made her laugh even harder. This went on for about 10 minutes before she decided we weren’t being that funny anymore. We also took her with us to the dog park for the first time. On the way there the dogs ride in the very back of the Tahoe so Sarah watched them the whole way. I think it’s the first time she’s really paid them any attention. When we get close to the dog park the dogs always whine and bark because they get excited. I wasn’t sure how Sarah would take all this commotion but she thought it was hilarious and started laughing at them! She is the best entertainment we have now.


We have finally had a few nice days so Sarah is starting to get to explore the outdoors. Besides the dog park, Matt and I have taken her on a few walks and we have played in the grass. She seems to enjoy it although she isn’t too crazy about the wind. It blows on her and she scrunches up her little face in an unhappy look. Matt and I like taking her outside because the fresh air makes her sleep well!


Sarah didn’t have a checkup at the doctor’s office this month but when I weighed her on our scale she was about 12 pounds and she measured 23 inches long. The extra 5 pounds since birth may not sound like a lot but when you carry it around all day it can start to feel quite heavy. Matt and I got to see just how much Sarah has grown this weekend when we went to visit friends of ours that just had a baby over the weekend. Little Joshua Robert will be Sarah’s first baby friend (Matt and Josh’s dad Rob have been friends since they were just babies too). Josh was the same length as Sarah and just two ounces less than she was (I’m posting a picture of him here-isn’t he a cutie!?!). Matt and I both were amazed at how little and light weight he was when we got to hold him. Sarah is growing so fast. It makes me sad that I already have to be reminded that she was once that little.





1 Comments:

Blogger Mama said...

Sarah is such a little doll. I loved the video of her wiggling around and trying to crawl! How are you doing going back to work? I hope you are holding up ok.
Love, Nat

3/29/2007 01:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home