Sunday, October 22, 2006

Two Months To Go!


I'm now 31 1/2 weeks along and as my due date grows near my belly continues to expand outward. Most people tell me that from the back you can't tell I'm pregnant and my belly is not really expanding to the sides much but the expansion in front in quite obvious! This picture is from a wedding Matt & I went to this weekend and while I have avoided the side view photo you can still tell that for the first time my belly is bigger than Matt's!

Everything is still going well with the pregnancy. I was concerned that the doctor I had chosen would not be covered by my insurance before Little One is due but just last week I checked and she is finally listed as a covered provider. It is a relief to be able to meet with her regularly which is more often now as they have me going in for checkups every two weeks.

At a previous checkup I had to take the glucose screening test for gestationsal diabetes. After all of the horrible stories I had heard I was quite nervous but the drink was fruit punch flavored rather than orange so I managed to get it down and my test came back completely normal (even though around noon that day I thought I was going to faint from the drop in my blood sugar). I was so happy to hear that I didn't have to take the 3 hour test!

At my last exam I mentioned that I was occasionally having some episodes where my heart would race even when I wasn't doing anything strenuous so the doctor scheduled me for an EKG and echocardiogram. We will get the results of those tests at our upcoming appointment this Thursday but the doctor said it is probably just the hormones affecting me so I'm not worried about it.

While the nursery is still not ready, we did get it cleaned out and Matt is planning on painting it all white in the next week or so. Then, when Kari gets settled in her new house, she and mom will come over to paint one of the walls with clouds for me. The crib did arrive (which is not the same as the one shown in this picture) so once the painting is done we will have to get that put together. I'm trying not to worry about the fact that everything isn't ready yet but I have this fear that I will go into labor and Matt will be home putting a crib together! With 2 showers coming up I'm sure it will all start to come together as we will have more stuff to organize and make room for. I have had many people asking me about the nursery's "theme", which is teddy bears, so I am posting a picture here that I pulled off of the store's website of the bedding set that we selected. If we ever get the nursery all set up I'll post a picture of it for all to see. As for those of you that have been asking, no we have not changed our minds about finding out if Little One is a boy or a girl but it won't be long before we find out the old fashioned way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home