Walking & Talking
Well, now that Sarah is walking I have less and less time to post updates. She started walking on New Year’s Eve and she hasn’t slowed down since. She can’t run yet but she will walk just as quick as her little legs will let her. Of course this means that s
he is into everything and wants to follow us around everywhere we go! She will also try to get away from us when we try to catch her! Her new favorite game is hide and seek. I will go into another room and then she will come find me and I will jump out and say “boo” and tickle her. She thinks this is so funny! She also loves to dance-it is so cute-she will bop up and down in place when she hears a song she likes.
Sarah is also learning to talk. She can speak the words mama, dada, bye-bye, uh-oh (which she will say whenever she drops something), and she tries to say Guinness although it sounds more like “niss.” She also has been picking up baby sign language very well. She knows the signs for more, all done, eat, clean up, lights, and bubbles. She really picked these up very quickly so I am going to have to find my baby sign b
ook so that I can teach her some more useful signs. She is already becoming very opinionated. Last night she made the sign for eat so I went and got her a snack of Cherrios. She then “yelled” at me because she didn’t want them so I had to go get her puffs and then she was happy so it will be nice when she learns some more signs and can not only tell me that she wants to eat but what she wants to eat as well.Other big news is that Saturday Matt had his very first evening alone with Sarah. He said it went pretty well. Sarah came and got him and took him into the kit
chen to get a snack and then a little while later she took him into the bathroom to start her bath. Everything was going OK until I called around 8 pm to check on them. He had started her bath a little early because she led him in there and when I called he ran out to the living room to get his phone. In the two seconds it took him to cross the room Sarah had climbed into the tub – fully clothed! I have a feeling Miss
Sarah is going to be a troublemaker in the months ahead! I am posting a few pictures here. The first is of Sarah in one of her cute new birthday outfits, the second is Sarah in her playroom, the third is her carrying around her tool truck, the fourth is of her wearing one of her burp rags (these have become her comfort object and she is always putting them on her head like a shepherd or around her neck like a cape-it's nice because they are easily replaced when lost or dirty!), the fifth is one day when she was "helping" with the laundry and managed to get one of my T-shirts over her head, and the last one was just cute.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home